|Be sure to drink a cup of coffee, like a boss, while enjoying these pancakes.|
1 cup light soy milk
2 T fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
2 egg whites
1 T vanilla extract
2/3 cup quick cooking oats
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 t baking soda
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 T cinnamon
1 T chia seeds
1 banana sliced
What to do:
1. Put on a soothing pandora station, such as Mumford and Sons, so that you are able to enjoy your pancake making in the best way possible.
2. Whisk together the egg whites, vanilla, soy milk, and greek yogurt in a medium bowl.
3. Stir together the remaining ingredients (except for the banana) in a separate bowl.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix until combined.
5. Heat a skillet pan on Medium low heat, and spray the pan with cooking spray
6. Slice a ripe banana thinly Set aside.
7. Scoop about 1/2 cup of batter into the pan, and push the batter out into a circular shape using a spatula.
8. Add a few slices of banana on top of the batter in the pan.
9. Once the pancake begins to bubble, check to see if the under side is browned using a spatula. If it is, give the pancake a quick flip.
10. Add a few more slices of banana straight to the actual skillet to heat them up and give them a bit of a carmelization.
11. Once the under side of the pancake is nice and brown, transfer the pancake to a plate and top with the carmelized banana slices.
12. Serve with greek yogurt, syrup, blueberries, or whatever your heart desires.