Tuesday, January 15, 2013

WIAW: A Plethora of Eats

Goooood day, and happy WIAW!! This is the most excited I have been for What I Ate Wednesday in ages because 1. I have been a good little blogger and have been documenting my recent eats, 2. I've been eating some deliciously nutritious foods, 3. I have days and days of eats to share, and 4. I have been doing some experimenting in the kitchen. Who wouldn't be excited? (side note... I just accidentally capitalized the K in kitchen, like it's some holy place or something.... ) Anywho, a big thanks to Jenn over at Peas and Crayons for hosting the party.
Peas and Crayons
And thanks to her for her recent instagram pics. Loving that little ferret she has :) I recently joined the instagram fiesta, and I am completely obsessed. I like to find any reason to post a pic. It's addicting. Follow my crazy and sometimes mundane (depends on the day...) life @kaitlintheresa44. Now back to the food...

 Saturday morning, I decided to treat myself to some homemade healthified banana oatmeal pancakes. These were just lovely and kept me full until dinner.
 Dinner on Saturday was perfect and delicious. An eggwhite omelet with crumbled Trader Joe's Meatless Meatballs, and peppers topped with 1/2 a sliced avocado. Leftover roasted potatoes, carrots, and onions were had on the side along with some salsa.

Sunday Morning, I had healthified banana pancakes again, except this time I didn't use maple syrup as a topper. I didn't want that much sugar (I noticed my hands swelling Saturday morning from a sugaa ovaload.) I heated up about 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries, added a teaspoon of maple syrup, and a packet of truvia, mixed, and poured over the pancakes. DE-VINE. Shoulda done that from the get-go. Perfect, light, fluffy. Yum. Sorry no picture. These were DEVOURED in .10 seconds flat.
Sunday Dinner was a fried egg topped with a sprinkle of freshly grated cheddar cheese, a side of heated lentils, a side of seasoned frozen broccoli, and a small salad consisting of spring mix, feta, carrots, celery, and tomatoes topped off with balsamic glaze.
 
WORK WEEK EATS.....
Breakfasts: Recently, every morning has looked like this. A coffee with soy milk, truvia, and pumpkin spice, a Lemon Zest Luna Bar, and a banana. Filling, sweet, and a bit of protein in there. I'm working to a healthier, on-the-go breakfast, but for now, I will stick to this combo.
 Lunches: Salads on salads on salads. Each day has started with the same base of spring mix, lentils, and cottage cheese topped with balsamic glaze, but each day has a bit of a variation. Monday was leftover black beans, peppers, and chiplets from Golden Globe Nachos on Sunday.
Tuesday was the basic base with the addition of chopped radishes, carrots, and celery mixed in with the spring mix.

Today's lunch is the base with the addition of roasted frozen brussel sprouts leftover from last nights dinner. (Blogger is refusing to let me make this picture smaller, so the result is HUGE, in your FACE, BRUSSEL SPROUTS!)
Friday I brought home soup from work to have for dinner with a fried egg on the side. It consisted of black beans (hence the purple hue), quinoa, farro, and cabbage.
Thursday Dinner: PROTEIN SHAKE!! My dad introduced these to me last week, and I have been loving coming up with different combos! This guy is full of light soy milk, ice, frozen blueberries, 1/2 frozen banana, chia seeds, cinnamon, and 2 scoops chocolate protein powder. Perfect dinner following a sweaty gym sesh when I am not feeling up to eating anything solid or cooking in the kitchen. Thank you, Ninja blender.
Clearly still loving the Protein Smoothies on Tuesday as well. (and Snapchat... but that's a whole other obsession to deal with on another day...) This smoothie was a bit different than my usual. It had light soy milk, a handful of kale, 1 cup of Welch's frozen mixed berries (sour and sweet cherries, blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries), 1 packet of truvia, 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder, ice, and chia seeds. This is my favorite thus far. I think it may be the vanilla protein powder. It smells like cake mix. YUM.
 Fried egg on the side for good measure.
Last night, I wanted something more substantial than a smoothie. I microwaved a sweet potato for 1 minute 30 seconds, and then threw it into the toaster oven, which was preheated to 375 degrees, while I prepped the rest of my dinner (about 20 minutes or so). I made an egg white omelet with 3 crumbled TJ's meatless meatballs and cottage cheese. Lastly, I nuked some frozen b-sprouts, then threw a bit of olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper over top, and tossed them into the toaster oven along with the sweet potato. Lovely, well rounded meal :)
 
 
Props to anyone who read through all of that.... #longwinded.
Or maybe you just scrolled through all the pics? Haha.
Regardless, thanks for stopping by!
Anyone have a favorite post work-out dinner?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, probably mixed veggies and sweet potato. Lame but DELISH! That or a piece of pizza (old xc tradition)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many delicious meals in one post!!!

    ReplyDelete