Wednesday, January 9, 2013

WIAW: resolutions

A new year comes with all kinds of cliches...fresh start, new year new you, clean slate, new beginnings....and I, for one, am not falling privy to any of the above have taken on all of the above.


My resolutions include cleaner eating, more movement, new ways of thinking, and a better attitude. And I have to say... So far so good!! I think I've been doing pretty good with the clean eating, eating mostly whole foods, and less frozen/prepackaged foods (though you'll see below some habits die hard... Sorry but trader joes meatless meatballs are the best thing that has happened to vegetarians in a time constraint who need am extra protein punch!!) I've gone to the gym 4 out of the past 6 days, and have started feeling better about myself. Enough about all that though, you all came here to party! Not to hear me ramble on.

Peas and Crayons

As always, thanks to the beautiful Jenn for hosting these bloggy shenanigans each week. I have to admit, I've been a slacker in the posting department with WIAW lately, but I always drop by to see what's happening each week. Here's a look into my cliche "new year, new me" eats!

Clean Grocery Shopping!!! BEST. DAY. EVER. So satisfying unpacking these groceries, and proud to say that I've gone through about half of this pile of goodness. Nom.

Post Work Out Smoothie- Blueberries, Soy Milk, Ice, Chocolate Whey Protein Powder, Cinnamon, Chia Seeds, and Oats

Breakfast Tuesday Morning- Lemon Zest Luna Bar, Grapes, and Coffee with Soy Milk, Pumpkin Spice, and Truvia

Can't get through the day without a seltzer!

Dinner Monday Night- A monster salad with roasted brussel sprouts, roasted brocolli, roasted kale, lentils, feta, crushed up lentil chips, romaine lettuce, olive oil, and balsamic glaze. AMAZING.

Roasting veggies every night!

Recent Desserts- A few squares of Trader Joe's Organic Dark Chocolate.

Tuesday Lunch- Trader Joe's Meatless Meatballs with Spaghetti Squash and Tomoto Sauce. Doesn't look too appealing, but it's quite delicious and definitely satisfying.

Tupperware on tupperware. All day, every day.

Coffee with a few friends on Sunday included a Grande Soy Latte. I don't know why, but Starbucks, HANDS DOWN, has theee best Soy Latte. I can't get over them. So yum.

Breakfasts last week included good ole' Rolled Oats, Quick Cooking Oats, Soy Milk, Chia Seeds, Raisins, Truvia, and Pumpkin Spice. Honestly, I think I killed this combo over the summer. I don't seem to be as much of a fan lately.

Perfect cups of "Signature Crema Coffee" (no dairy!) with Soy Milk, Pumpkin Spice, and Truvia.

What are your New Year's Resolutions?
How have you been keeping up with them?
What's your go-to healthy meal during the week?

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks delicious... especially your smoothie =)

    ReplyDelete