Tuesday, February 26, 2013

That Time That I Didn't Blog For Weeks....

Welp it's been ages since I've blogged. Life has gotten NUTS. Been working all day, then working super late (Read: 7pm and later), going to the gym after work (except these past few days womp womppp), eating dinner at 9pm, and going to bed at 11pm. and then doing it allll over again the next day. This real life person thing is tough. Who knew working for a living would be so exhausting. (when I say things like that my dad always says "welcome to the next 40 years of your life" and all I have to say to that is WOOF.) I like being busy though. It gives me purpose and drive. And though I hate eating dinner so late, I am much more motivated to find a healthy and light option, so I am not stuffed to the gills when I go to bed a few hours later. Smoothies have been rocking my world, but more on that later.
Since I last posted, I wouldn't say a lot has changed...but some stuff definitely has. For one, I feel that, besides this past weekend (weekends are always tough though aren't they?),  I have been making healthier choices. I celebrated ONE WHOLE YEAR of being a VEGETARIAN!!! :) I was super excited about it and decided I wanted to do something bigger and more challenging in the weeks going forward.. sooo I am going full on VEGAN. 
Yessss I know I tried this before. Buttttt, this time I actually went to a nutritionist to find out what I need to be eating to keep my diet balanced and to stay healthy. I found out a lot of awesome info that I hadn't come across in my research. I have really just been focussing on getting in a ton of protein as a vegetarian, so that was my biggest concern  in adapting a plant based diet. What will replace the protein I get from Greek yogurt or cottage cheese? Turns out, it's pretty easy to get a large amount of protein from the products that are plant based that I had already been consuming. It was the vitamins that I was lacking! Something I definitely had not thought about even once. Calcium, sure...Iron, maybe.... but not Vitamin b12 or zinc or iodine. It was an eye opening appointment, and it was so helpful to know where I can get these essential vitamins and minerals as I move forward with a plant based diet. I want to do a thorough post with more research next week, so stay tuned!

I actually wrote this post on Feb 6th, but never got around to posting. I have been a vegan for 3 weeks now and have been loving every minute of it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment