Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Summer Whole Wheat Pasta with Veggies


Do you ever find yourself making the same dish over and over again so much that it seems like you could make it in your sleep? That's how I feel with a dinner that I made every night during college when I would get home from a long day at my internship. 

Summer Whole Wheat Pasta with Zucchini and Tomato is one of those dishes that is comforting and warm, but still tastes fresh and healthy at the same time. I always loved curling up on the couch with a bowl of this pasta to watch an episode of Friends or How I Met Your Mother to de-stress after those seemingly long days.The recipe below makes a perfect single girl portion. There is really no measuring. I typically just eye ball everything and season to taste!


To start get yourself some whole grain pasta. I used Barilla Whole Grain Pasta…


I also measured out 1 cup of pasta simply for portion control. A serving size is typically 2/3 cup, but I was hoping to have a few noodles left over that I could use the next day to top my salad (this was not the case, however.....sorry I was a hungry girl!)


Boil until al dente.
 

Chop up half a zucchini and throw it into a sauté pan with some olive oil and garlic. 

Dice up a few slices of tomato and then add them to the beautifully browned zukes (people say cukes…soooo is it legit to say zukes?).


Throw the cooked and drained pasta to the veggies and toss them around.


Add a bit more olive oil, along with a splash of pasta water, salt, pepper, garlic salt, dried basil leaves, and Parmesan cheese to the mixture.

Pour it all into a small bowl. Eat. Enjoy. Be happy :)


Delish summer dinn.

No comments:

Post a Comment