Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday Morning...

Anybody else ever have the Monday morning blues? After a wonderful weekend that you don't want to end? Or because you know you have a lot of work ahead of you for the week?


Or because you want just one more day of relaxation?
 
A puppy's life is so hard...
Or how about all of the above ;) Welp, that's how I'm feeling right now. Well...half of me anyway. Half wants just one more day of rest, but the other half is excited and anxious for the week that lies ahead.
  
This week, I have decided that I want to do something fun and active each night when I get home from work. Tonight is going to be either a walk with my cousin or Zumba! It depends on the weather. It's only supposed to be in the low 80's today with NO humidity!! And I just can't validate being inside when it's so gorgeous out for once. Have you ever been to Pennsylvania in the dead of Summer? Horr.i.ble. It gets so humid to the point that you can no longer breath!

Scorching temps at my office.

I am also excited because I found my Joy the Baker cookbook when I was working on cleaning my bedroom this past weekend. Just flipping through the pages of gorgeous food photography is inspiring. This week, it is my goal to make at least one recipe from her cook book.

book cover

I am also making a goal to cook at home every night this week except for Wednesday because I am going to Verdad with my cousin, Alana, for dinner. We have eaten out way too often, and I feel that I have not cooked in forever (with the exception of last night).

I'm also excited about my newest purchases!
 
Blue Velvet Chambray Buttondown
Blue Velvet Chambray Buttondown from Free People
 
Vine Flower Duvet Cover
Vine Flower Duvet Cover from Urban Outfitters
 
Cosmo Grommet Window Panels from Bed, Bath, and Beyond (I got these in white though!)

Kimchi Blue Scallop-Lace Checkbook Wallet
Kimchi Blue Scallop-Lace Checkbook Wallet from Urban Outfitters

What gets you excited for the week ahead?
When you buy new things do you use/wear them right away (...wearing that denim shirt as I type this post!!)?

No comments:

Post a Comment