Friday, August 24, 2012

Snack Attack!

It's Fridayyyyy...Fridayy...gotta get down on Friday!!! (don't lie you totally sing that song in your head too everytime you say it's Friday! Thank youuuu Rebecca Black.) I am so excited for the weekend because I have ZERO plans. Yep, I am going wherever the wind takes me :) This a much better feeling than I had last weekend when I was so anxious about my weekend plans. I feel like the opportunities are endless!!


Speaking of endless opportunites, I was inspired by Christina's post at Hungry Meets Healthy about her favorite snacks. I feel like snack choices are limitless, and I'd love to share a few of my favorite snacks with you all!

1. Cliff Bars




My two favorites are Chocolate Chip and Coconut Chocolate Chip (that's a lot of c's...!). I actually eat these as more of a breakfast than a "snack", but nonetheless they are great for on the go. They pack a lot of protein and fiber, but also a TON of sugar. I try not to eat them too too often, but they are a staple snack in my diet.

2. Chocolate
 
Ghirardelli 60% Cocoa Bittersweet Chocolate Chips are a go-to snack of mine. I always have a bag on hand in case I was to randomly make my Healthy Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars or Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pancakes, but I also like to open the cupboard pour a few into my hand and pop 'em in my mouth for a quick chocolate fix :)


I also love Endangered Species Chocolate. Whenever I go to Whole Foods, I am always overwhelmed by the gigantic selection of chocolate bars they have to offer. I have tried a lot of different kinds, but I always go back to this bar. It is so creamy and not too sweet. The bar also has 15 small sections which are the absolute perfect serving size. I hate how other bars just have 8 HUGE squares....because then I wind up accidentally eating the whole bar. Self control people, self control.

3. Crackers/Chips



Back to Nature Crispy Wheat Crackers are currently sitting in front of me on my desk. This week I have kept the box here at the office so that I have a quick, healthy, and natural snack if I ever get a craving for something salty. These taste similar to Wheat Thins, but without the gross additives.
Garden of Eatin' Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips. Salty with a hint of sweetness. A lovely alternative to your typical, everyday tortilla chip. Plus there's no artificial ingredients :)



Triscuit Minis. These guys are super cute and teeny. I love that Triscuits are a major brand, but the product only has three ingredients: Winter Wheat, Soybean Oil, Salt.

4. Granola


Simply Granola with Cranberries has been my staple granola for the past few weeks! Love that it's not only delicious to add to yogurt and cookie batter, but it is also heart healthy and organic.

5. Yogurt

 Stonyfield Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt is my second favorite greek yogurt (Trader Joe's is my favorite, but I haven't been in ages...). I love the vanilla flavor when I am just adding a handful of fruit or a bit of granola, but I use the plain yogurt for my Overnight Oats and for baking purposes.

Plain Chobani has been finding its way into my fridge recently because it has been on sale for $1-$2 cheaper than Stonyfield. I don't mind Chobani. I just prefer Stonyfield. Chobani is a lot thicker and tangy-er (probably not a word.).

6. Fruit




I love love love fresh fruit in the summer time. It's so refreshing and sweet and delicious. Recently, I've been devouring apples, organic grapes, and pineapple!

Sooo there you have it!! The SNACK ATTACK list :)

What are your favorite snacks?
Do you prefer a brand of greek yogurt?
What is your summer go to?

Bulmer lovesss snack shopping ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment