Monday, July 2, 2012

Most Delicious Sandwich


So I've been crazy busy lately and haven't had much time to share things I've been doing and food I've been eating, BUTTTTT here is a "recipe" for a sandwich that I made on Thursday that was seriously.... THE BEST sandwich I have ever made. Maybe I was just starving, or maybe I am a sandwich genius. Guess we will never know.... until someone else makes this sandwich and confirms its deliciousness.


I started with a piece of Mediterranean flat bread that I ripped in half. On one side, I spread spinach and artichoke hummus, and on the other I spread roasted red pepper hummus. I then diced up a few slices of tomato, chopped up two roasted red peppers, and shred some spring mix into bite sized pieces.

Look at all those colorful veggies!!


Next I took about 1/4 cup of quinoa that I had cooked the night before and spread it all over the spring mix.


Throw some feta on there and you've got the makings for a killer sandwich.


I preheated my panini maker to medium heat and sprayed it down with olive oil spray.


Then I gently placed the sandwich onto the hot griddle.


Close. and. wait. Yep, it's gonna be hard to do. but it's worth it. I swear.
 

Take that steaming puppy right off the griddle and on to your plate (yes I used two spatulas, don't judge! I didn't want to lose any bits of my sandwich!)


Let it cool a tad before chowing down (if you have the self control... I did not...)


YUM.

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup diced tomato
  •  2 slices of roasted red pepper (chopped)
  • 1/3 cup of spring mix
  • 1/4 cup of cooked quinoa
  • 2 tablespoons of feta cheese
  • 1 piece of Mediterranean flat bread
  • A few tablespoons of roasted red pepper hummus
  • A few tablespoons of spinach and artichoke hummus
Just follow the directions about and enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment