Thursday, July 19, 2012

Trot Trot to Boston: Part 1

Two weeks ago I headed up to Boston via Bolt Bus to visit my dear friend Liz from college. I have only been to Boston once for a school trip, so I was really excited to see all of Liz's favorite places! And of course I was so excited to see Liz!! 6 weeks is way too long to go without seeing one of your best friends. Needless to say, it was a highly anticipated trip with us sending each other updates each day with a countdown to my arrival at South Station in Boston.


Friday morning, I packed up some snacks for the 6.5 hr bus ride.

Organic raisins, Truvia, Annie's Chocolate Chip Bunnies, Organic Popcorn, and 2 Apples. I also bought a Cliff Bar at work because I realized I would be missing dinner seeing as the bus left at 4pm. I arrived around 11:30pm. Liz and I chatted until like 1:30am, then it was bedtime because we were getting up bright and early to head out to the Cape!


Our day started off with a quick stop at Whole Foods/Starbucks for some Cliff Bars, Coffee, and Water to last us through the morning.


Then we headed to the Cape where we stopped at the Knob in Sippewissett. Absolutely gorgeous scenery, but a really gross day. We were super bummed about the weather actually because most of our day was going to be spent outside.


We braved the hot, sticky, gloomy day and hiked up to the knob.


Beautiful views along the way...








Liz and I on the knob! (Please excuse my crazy wind blown hair)


Liz thinking deep thoughts.
Of course we took pictures of ourselves looking out at the water.

Me thinking deep thoughts...


Back down the trail we go!


Once we were back in the car, I basically spent the entire car ride with my face pressed against my camera viewing the scenery through the view finder.


Got to snap a few nice pics of the beaches.




Oh hayyyyy. (I'm sure anyone we passed thought I was this lunatic tourist....and yea... they would have been 100% accurate.)




We stopped in Woods Hole so that I could take some more pictures and see Liz's favorite seafood spot.



Finally it was lunch time! We stopped at Falmouth Center and ate at Stone L'Oven.


I ordered the Portobello & Mozzarella Panini: "Fire Roasted Portobello Mushrooms in Balsamic Vinaigrette, Fresh Mozzarella, Fresh Basil, Caramelized Onions, Salt & Pepper on Focaccia" (except I ordered it in a whole wheat wrap instead).



 It was really yummy!! Cape Cod Potato Chips in Cape Cod seemed too appropriate not to have a few...


After lunch we walked around the little boutiques and stores in Falmouth.


I bought two Cape Cod shirts which I absolutely love. One was a frat tank that I wear every night to bed!

We headed out after I made my purchases and headed back towards Boston. We stopped at Liz's house to say hi to her family and doggies on the way. The rain kind of put a damper on our outdoor plans, so we shopped our hearts out at a local mall (I posted most of what I bought in this post).

Showers and some relaxation time were necessary before we headed to dinner in the North End of Boston. We met up with my roommate Sinead for dinner at La Famiglia Giorgio. It was soooo amazing. Literally one of the best pasta dishes I have EVER had. The restaurant has an option where you can choose a sauce and a pasta which immediately drew my interest. I ordered the Vegetarian Sauce "Sautéed olive oil, mushrooms, onions, peppers and chopped breaded Eggplant in a Marinara sauce" with the homemade whole wheat fusili. Unfortunately no pictures because I knew we were going out to the bars, so I didn't want to bring my camera.

After our delicious dinner, we went out to two different bars and stared at boys chatted with each other and just enjoyed each other's company :)

So that was Day 1 of my Boston Adventure! Stayed tuned for Day 2, tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment