Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Trot Trot to Boston: Part 2

Sunday morning was an absolutely beautiful morning in Boston!

Liz and I woke up early and headed downtown. My friend Courtney, who lived in Boston last summer, recommended Stephanie’s on Newbury for brunch (over and over and over again J) Sooo Stephanie’s it was! And let me tell you….it was A-MAZING.


I got the Vegetable Omelet- tomato, spinach, and feta cheese with egg whites, and it was so delish. The feta was so salty and creamy which really pulled the whole omelet together. Even the side of home fries was delicious.


Liz got the Breakfast Quesadilla- griddled flour tortilla folded with scrambled eggs, monterey jack cheese, salsa, jalapeño, fresh cilantro, black beans, and caramelized onions served with guacamole, sour cream and pico de gallo. She said that hers was amazing as well! It certainly looked like a fresh and hearty breakfast.


The real star of the meal, however was the Cinnamon Oatmeal Brûlée with sautéed apples and pears. We had both eyed it on the menu and decided that for $5 we needed to try this Oatmeal Brule.


Oh. My. Goodness. The oatmeal was so creamy and sweet and cinnamony (not a word…but it WAS so cinnamony). Complete with a Brule sugary top that we had to crack with the back of our spoon to access the soupy goodness. The apples and pears must have really been rendered down, because it didn’t seem like there were big chunks of fruit. It was mostly all one consistency. I am so glad that we decided to split this side dish. GO to Stephanie’s and ORDER the Cinnamon Oatmeal Brûlée.


After Brunch, Liz and I did some window shopping.


….Creepy right? Interesting visual merchandising…can’t say I’m a fan, but it certainly caught my eye.



Liz was very patient with me as I took artsy pics pointed my camera at buildings.


After walking around a bit, I jumped in the car with my friend Courtney’s parents who were visiting Boston as well, and made the 6 hr journey back to PA.


It was so wonderful to get to experience the sights, sounds, and tastes of Boston and the Cape with my friends, and I hope I have the opportunity to go back soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment