Monday, July 16, 2012

Puppy's Day Out


My dad and I both work in offices down at the Navy Yard where employees are allowed to bring their dogs to work. It makes the workplace an enjoyable place to be everyday. I love working beside my manager's dog, Lousiana. Whenever I have a dull moment throughout the day, I can just go and play with Lou for a few minutes. Needless to say, my dad and I were beyond excited to bring our puppy to work when he was old enough.


After consulting a slew of dog owners, we decided that we should bring Bulmer down to our offices on a weekend day to sniff things out and get used to the smells of the other dogs. A few weeks ago, we did just that! Bright and early one Sunday morning we headed down to the Navy Yard with the pup.

We let him sniff out the dog park.


Take a little jog around.


Then he sniffed out my office and my desk.


Then he sniffed out my dad's office and  played a little catch.




He did soooo well!! We were super proud of our little puppy :)


After dropping Bulmer off at home for a well deserved nap, my dad and I headed to brunch at a French restaurant near our house. I was in dire need of a coffee, but it was so hot out that it needed to be iced.

Dad thought it would be a super cool photo if he poured the milk in from up above haha.


He ordered the Croque Monsieur.


And I ordered an egg white omlette with spinach, goat cheese, carmelized onions, and tomato.



It looks amazing, but to be honest, I wasn't a huge fan. Maybe it was because of the spinach or too much goat cheese...I'm not sure. Kind of a bummer, but nice to have breakfast out nonetheless.

After breakfast, my dad and I went on a bike ride on a trail near my house. It was a fantastic Sunday, and now we are able to bring Bulmer into work for a few hours every so often until he is used to it!!

What is your favorite way to spend a Sunday?
Would you bring your dog to work if you could?

4 comments:

  1. that puppy is ADORABLE! i also must say that i love a croque madame - similar to what you dad had but with a fried egg on top! when i was in france a few years ago that is all i ate for lunch! yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And Croque Madame is so good too. Before I was a vegetarian, I used to love getting that sandwich out at a little french bistro in Philly :)

      Delete